Website Kalmar Lighting
We look forward to receiving applications from Ukrainian refugees. / Wir freuen uns über Bewerbungen von geflüchteten Menschen aus der Ukraine. / Mi duzhe radi zajavkam na robotu vid bizhenciv z Ukraini.
To begin work as soon as possible, we are looking for a dynamic individual who can assume a diverse and interesting range of duties and take personal responsibility for a number of areas in product design engineering. If you enjoy working independently as well as in a team and value an exceptionally friendly and supportive environment, this is exactly the right position for you.
Your future responsibilities:
- contributing to the design and construction of bespoke lighting products ranging from classic chandeliers to contemporary decorative luminaires and functional lighting solutions such as crystal chandeliers, ceiling fixtures, pendants, floor lamps, wall fixtures, table lamps and lighting systems. The design and construction performance requirements have to be balanced with costs, manufacturability and serviceability. Your job embodies specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration, test planning, test execution and trouble-shooting
- working in a multidisciplinary project team aimed at executing bespoke lighting products
- generating drawings in various details from basic sketches to fully detailed production drawings
- specifying solutions for project requirements
- documenting the design development from early stages of design up to completed products
- building up and maintaining specialist knowledge on lighting theory, mechanics, electronics and system architecture
- reporting to the department head and collaborating with project managers
- graduate from a technical college or university (HTL or similar)
- technical degree in mechanical or mechatronics engineering, industrial design or similar
- ability to create detailed mechanical engineering drawings and documentation
- 2D & 3D CAD proficiency (Autocad and Solidworks)
- fluent in business English (German is considered a plus)
- knowledge or interest in electronics is considered a plus
- availability to travel
- EU work-permit
- driving license is a plus
We can offer you:
- an exciting and varied range of responsibilities
- a welcoming, international and supportive team
- long-term employment at an attractive company
- pleasant, employee-focused working environment
- central office in Vienna and flexible working hours
For this position, the minimum salary for full-time employment (38.5 hours per week) is EUR 33,240/year. The company is prepared to pay a higher salary in line with the market, depending on qualifications and previous experience.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to receiving your application. Please e-mail your application (including CV, references, desired salary, possible start date) with the title “Design Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.